Ivanhoe Girls’ Grammar School is a welcoming, vibrant and supportive community where your daughter can be whatever kind of girl or young woman she dreams of being – confident, articulate and ready to take on the future she chooses.
Ivanhoe Girls’ is a dynamic learning community. Established in 1903, we celebrated our 110th anniversary of the School’s founding in 2013. Now with 113 years in the community, our traditional values underpin the high quality education we offer our girls, with state-of-the-art resources, facilities and technology that enable our students to transition smoothly into the ‘real’ world.
Ivanhoe Girls’ also:
- offers outstanding teaching staff. Our teachers are inspiring, and dedicated to learning needs and a commitment to excellence
- prides itself on excellent VCE results
- fosters life-long learning
- offers various tertiary choices, many in non-traditional fields
- offers Pastoral care; nurturing resilience, relationships and well-being
- offers many opportunities for girls to develop leadership skills through Junior School to Senior School years
- teaches girls how to use technology effectively with an online learning management system
- provides girls with many opportunities to participate in exchange programs
- provides girls with opportunities to develop further potential through involvement in a vast array of co-curricular activities including sport, the arts and many specialised clubs to accommodate a range of interests.
A Community Feel
There is something truly special about the culture of our School, which is often spoken about by parents, students and staff. There is a warmth, a friendliness that is hard to describe, but experienced by those who walk through our gardens and become a part of the Ivanhoe Girls’ family.
Our students also take on the responsibility of helping others all over the world, by getting involved in many charitable causes, and participating in community service to assist our neighbouring facilities and local hospitals. They become compassionate contributors to their community and the world; committed to social justice, sustainability and philanthropy.