The Library at Ivanhoe Girls’ caters for the information and recreational needs of students from ELC to year 12, staff and various members of the wider School community. The opening hours of the senior area of the Library (Frances Lowe Collection) are 8.00am-6.00pm Monday to Friday during term time and 8.30am-4.00pm during term breaks. The junior area of the Library (Mary Vinnecombe Collection) is open during term time from 8.15am-3.45pm.
The Library, both senior and junior areas, is central in supporting and implementing the teaching program of the School and enriching the learning environment of the students, whilst providing a range of spaces appropriate to the myriad activities that constantly take place throughout the School terms and holiday breaks.
- Teaches students information literacy skills that enable them to become wise, independent, motivated learners
- Collaborates with teachers and provides support within the curriculum to achieve learning outcomes
- Provides a wide range of resources and technologies to meet the requirements of the curriculum and the recreational needs of students and staff
- Provides services and technologies that allow maximum access to information
- Promotes a culture of reading and provides maximum opportunity for students and staff to enrich their reading of literature
- Provides a welcoming and user friendly environment to meet the needs of both students and staff and the wider School community.